Long's Peak

Long's Peak
I can't wait to go back.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wandering About In A Dense Fog

For the better part of 3 months now I have been really examining my life. I'm trying to figure stuff out. There are a lot of 'why' questions. These are not worth asking, much less answering. While you can learn about yourself from asking these questions, they really don't help with the real problem. The question is, "Who do I want to be?" This question has to do with the future, not the past. I'm not quite sure I know the answer, even now. It's turning from blackness to a dense fog. Instead of a dull darkness it is becoming a blurry bright light.
I'm finding that I don't like being alone AT ALL! The scripture rings true that it's not good for the man to be alone. I've had a monumental last month to say the least. Two of my best friends got married in the same week! I signed up for school and applied for a different job. Which one actually happens is still to be seen. I want to say, "It's all in God's hands." But It isn't necessarily true. I feel like I'm making decisions on my own now. I'm no longer a kid that didn't know anything. I'm an adult that still doesn't know anything, but has to make decisions on my own. It's the only way to find myself, I believe. Destiny doesn't seem like something that exists at all right now, but a quote from one of my favorite movies rings so true. "You believe a man can change his destiny? I believe a man does what he can... until his destiny is revealed." - The Last Samurai - See youtube clip from movie.

So I'm going to do my best to improve who I am mentally, spiritually and physically. It's all I know to do right now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think God uses us after our decisions more than some think.

Reverend GLO said...

sounds like a fun journey...

JudiFree.com said...

Hey Man! Welcome to the blogosphere!

I'm loving your blog already...Judi