Long's Peak

Long's Peak
I can't wait to go back.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Appreciated Friendship

I'm so grateful for the friends that I have in my life. Good friendship seems to be like a mountain climbing experience. - Not that I've done this yet! But I look at this picture and I imagine that when climbing the mountain, you'll need a little cooperation from the mountain and its weather. Just like good friends who seem to put into the friendship the same effort, openness and vulnerability that you do. Without these things a friendship is no more than just an acquaintance.
Vulnerability seems to be the hardest thing to find in friends because you both have to trust each other and believe that you're in it for each other. You become an unselfish entity. Focused on what the other person needs and vice-versa.
To me it is extremely enjoyable and an honor to know someone well enough to be vulnerable with them. Than you get to experience the real journey and mountain, not just a picture on a wall.

Picture of Long's Peak Trail Courtesy 14ers.com

No comments: